What is Card Table?
Card Table is an iOS app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod that lets you and up to three of your friends play your favorite card games with a virtual deck of 52 cards. You need an iPad to run the game and an iPhone or iPod touch for each player. The iPad acts like a card table, and is home to the deck of cards. Players keep their cards on their iPhone or iPod, which becomes their virtual hand. Players can send cards between the Card Table (the iPad) and their hands (their iPhones and iPods).
- Install Card Table on your iPad and on each player's iPhone or iPod touch. Yes, you must have an iPad (iPad 2 or newer) to play Card Table. All of your devices should be running iOS 7.
- Enable Bluetooth and/or connect to the same Wifi network on your devices. Bluetooth connections are faster and simpler. Players iPhones and iPods connect to the iPad, which runs the game.
- Open Card Table on your devices and create a new game on the iPad. Players will be asked to sign into Game Center. We use Game Center to quickly identify players, get a player picture, and skip requiring players to enter their own name.
- On the iPad, select up to four players and assign them to a side of the iPad. You will be shown a list on the iPad of nearby devices that are running Card Table and looking for a new game. You can then assign them to one of the four sides of the iPad.
- On the iPad, select the number of cards to deal each player and start the game! You can select between a classic card look or our modern design, whether to include Jokers, and other options as well. When you begin the game players will automatically be dealt their cards from a shuffled deck, and the remainder of the cards will be placed in the main deck on the Card Table (the iPad).
- Send a card to a player by dragging it to the edge of their side of the iPad. They will be notified on their iPhone or iPod of the card(s) they receive.
- Send a card to the table by swiping it up on your iPhone. It will slide into view on the Card Table on your side of the iPad.
- Flip a card over by double-tapping. You can flip cards over in your hand and on the Card Table. You can send cards to and from players' hands while face-up or face-down.
- Combine cards into a group by long-pressing a pile of cards on the Card Table. That sounds confusing now, but once you try it you'll see. Hold a tap on a pile of cards a little longer than usual, then let go.
- Shuffle or separate a group of cards by long-pressing on the group. You can also send a group of cards to the bottom of the main deck.
If you have any questions about gameplay, contact us via Twitter (@cardtableapp) or the contact form found here.