We are now pleased to announce that Card Table v. 1.1 is now available on the App Store. This version represents our complete vision for Card Table. Version 1.0 was in many ways a proof-of-concept for us (and we were in a hurry to make the app available for the competition).
New in Version 1.1
- Pinch to zoom. Many of you asked if there was a way to give yourselves more space on the iPad. Now you can zoom in and out on the card table to give yourself some more space.
- Manual sorting. You're now free to sort cards in your hand however you please.
- Scorekeeping. At the end of a round players will now be prompted on their phones to enter their score for the round. The iPad has a scorekeeping screen. You can enter or modify players' scores from the iPad too. It looks like this:
- Game customization screen. We've made it easier to configure gameplay options. We also added a new table background. In the future you'll be able to select or purchase new game modes from this screen (after tapping the "Game" button). It looks like this:
- Card flip sound. Sounds are fun! Now you'll hear a fun sound when you flip over a card.
- Automatic hand-hiding. When you lay your phone flat, the cards in your hand will automatically flip over.
- Bug squashes. Version 1 had a few bugs, and we appreciated everyone's patience with us as we addressed them. A lot of what makes Card Table tick is new to us, and a lot of it is just plain new. The challenges have made it fun for us.
We expect to see downloads spike again soon. We plan to be featured on some well-read websites. We'll let you know when that happens.